Tuesday, November 28, 2006

OLD NEWS: Dixie Chicks get threatened by a Bumpkin


So you know the song, "I'm not ready to make nice" by the Dixie Chicks? Well there is a part of that song that I think needs some deeper examination...see bolded font below:
And how in the world
Can the words that I said
Send somebody so over the edge
That they'd write me a letter
Saying that I better shut up and sing
Or my life will be over
I'm not ready to make nice...
Ok...this is how it plays out in my imagination...all in a hick accent (Finetic hick spelling has been provided for those with minimal exposure to hicks)
Nat-ah-lee,
Here's a sig-jestion...whyy-ee don't 'choo shut up and sang or-ee your li-afe will be over?
How da-are yew talk about the honorable Mr. Bush like that or Tixis (Texas) when you was visitin' Angle-land (England). You better keep this litter (letter) quieter than a mouse pissin' on cotton.
Salutations,
Norma Miller

A quick backgrounder, all she said was that she was ashamed that George W was from Texas. Honestly...doesn't this person have more important things to do than send death threats to Natalie Maines? Perhaps they can focus on sitting on their rickety porch watching their hick sunset...
My apologies if any hicks were offended in this rant. I'm allowed, I'm from cowboy stock.
Word up,
Office Raider

No comments: